One of the UK’s market leaders in specialist healthcare logistics and distribution. With headquarters in North America and a strong market presence across all European markets, the UK business manages in excess of 1 million items every day and delivers approximately 40% of Britain’s domestic pharmaceutical products.
Temperature control system for a new pharmaceutical warehouse facility in the North West of England.
ATS SCOPE & OBJECTIVES:
To install a temperature control system (15-25°C) into the new warehouse facility to meet the MHRA’s regulations and the pharmaceutical manufacturers’ stringent product specifications.
The purpose of the new facility was to enable our client to stockpile large quantities of essential pharmaceuticals in the event of a no-deal Brexit happening. We received the order two days before the Christmas 2018 shutdown, giving us just 8 weeks to complete the project.
The extremely tight deadline required a very strict construction programme that involved multiple trades from across the supply chain, working around each other simultaneously.
With much of our work needing to be carried out at the 28m roof-level height, specialist equipment needed to be sourced at very short notice, including a scissor lift and a cherry picker.
The completion date for our work was set in stone with the MHRA inspection booked for February.
Our system had to be mindful of the low power levels onsite.
ATS’s expertise in design and project management, and the round-the-clock hard work and skill of our onsite teams were required to achieve all the project goals.
- Our proprietary JETFLO nozzle system and ducting
- Two externally located ‘plug & play’ air handling units (AHUs)
- Four gas heat pumps (GHPs), two to each AHU – the first installation of this kind in the UK!
- A remote monitoring system
- The remote monitoring system will save time and money in carrying out certifications, servicing and maintenance
- The GHPs will reduce ongoing costs by up to 50%
- Our system and the building were completed in time, to pass the MHRA inspection
- The building can safely and legally store £millions of pharmaceuticals to meet MHRA statutory regulations
If you would like to talk to one of our experts about your obligations for meeting the MHRA regulations and how this can be achieved quickly, contact Kevin Gillen or Ryan Walsh on 01527 833383 or by email Kevin.Gillen@ATSClimate.com or Ryan.Walsh@ATSClimate.com